I'd also tidied up all the windows, if you look at the two pictures below you'll see the one on the left was with the plasterboard and I didn't like the open cut window frame.
So I was going to buy some wooden strips to cap the inside frame but remembered I had some old hardboard/MDF sliding doors for my sons old bed [actually the one before last] so I've had these in the garage for about 4 years but I was using them for basing terrain. Anyway I trimmed these to fit and faced all the insides of the window frames.
The windows look really tidy now.
It took a couple of sessions with the caulk as some gaps were bigger than I'd have liked. I had planned to put strips of plasterboard in to bridge the gaps but I couldn't be bothered in the end, which I'll no doubt live to regret.
This was the biggest gap but it all smoothed over fine in the end. With the sealing done it's
- painting the interior,
- insulating the door,
- painting the exterior,
- moving in
For the door I finally got the facing panel to double skin it. This is a piece of teak panelling, previously this was part of a whole wall seciton in my parents dining room. All my childhood this was on the wall and only now as my Mum redecorates has it been removed. So I nipped round and cut it to size, a quick slash with a Stanley knife and this splits nearly as good as plasterboard.
It was too big to fit in the car but it's incredibly light, if just a little awkward so I walked it back home and then came back for the car. It's well worth it if just for saving a little bit of nostalgia for me.