With the upper board measured and ready to go it didn't take me too long to add this piece in.
Sadly I ended up with a bit of gap on the left had side. Luckily I ended up with a bit of a sliver which has covered most of this gap, at least until I put some caulk in it.
With a bit of momentum I actually tackle one of the tiny strips alongside the window.
The original plan was to do the tiny bit on the left side of the window but for some reason I swapped things round, grabbed some off cuts and knocked this up quick smart.
I did however discover another crack on this side, not sure how this happened again I'm hoping some liberal addition of PVA might just seal it a bit and the painting will cover it all up. If this is the worst imperfection in the boards I can live with that.
I've got windows and the other half of the back to do next...
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Keep fighting the good fight! I am so glad I am paying someone to build mine, though the roofing has an in-built cavity for insulation which makes things easier. Cold isn't so much a problem for me in Sydney, but the Summer heat is something else...ReplyDelete
The fact is this is just like an oversized STC building, without the template. I measure, I cut and then snap the plasterboard, cut the back of the board, measure and mark where the screws are going to go and then pop it in place.Delete
I guess cooling is more of an issue for you. I know mine will be cold but I'm hoping it'll warm up quick and be cosy. Its backed by hedge on one side and another shed on one end so it's not completely exposed but I do worry about mould. I'll be putting a waterproof paint on but other than that the plasterboard may well rot...
This is just so impressive Dave. You are the man!ReplyDelete
Well I do OK, Otty's build is way more heroic but wait until you see the next update ;)Delete
That is coming along beautifully, man - great work!ReplyDelete
Thanks, it going well, almost TOO well!Delete