A number of successive stippled coats of my Gamboge art acrylic, trying to leave some of the rusted areas still in place.
I used the Instar IV-16 yellow as a highlight on the Helverins, but I'm going to ignore that for speed and to see the effect on this.
The plan is to just highlight with VGC sun yellow. Removing a step from the process may make my plan to paint my Mechanicum terrain in yellow that much easier.
The plan is to paint the central bit black, but I'm definitely liking the red stripe too. It might be nice to do one in those colours in the future - of course that means more containers to buy when I have no real purpose for them!
And with the black stripe done.
I added a bit more Gamboge in places and also some light highlights of Sun Yellow.
Naturally I want to add a big number somewhere and I'm not sure about some decals too.
But, the excessive rusting is making it a little difficult of where I can position these embellishments.
Hopefully, I'll find a way to add them that works for me.
Of course that decision making so is likely to slow things down as I mentally process what I want to achieve and how I go about doing it.
I will be adding some weathering next - rust effects etc.
I also need to pick out the details on the control console and it's servo skull.
Pleased with how it's going anyway.
So much so that I've actually started on the red and white one too, but will share those pics in a future post.