What I've done in these pics is cover all the pencil marks I made to indicate where internal wooden batons were. I had doubts the paint would cover them up so I thought an initial coat would help the successive coats hide any markings.
Obviously you can still see those initial coats now the first roller coat went on. I was quickly reminded that the very best way to use a roller is on a pole, it's so much quicker and easier. I've also noticed recently that the joints in my fingers and hands have become really sore and using a roller would have been a nightmare without using a pole.
First coat is done although I'm a little concerned there isn't enough to do a full second coat.
It was about an hour and a half all in to get to this stage.
And the door doesn't look too bad either.
Now I contemplated painting the central beam but it just seemed unnecessary but if I reconsider I may stain it the same colour as the teak, add some continuity to the interior.
And the view from the otuside. Just the second coat and I can get the electrics sorted.
I think staining it to match the teak would really tie the room together. Everything is looking fantastic Dave!ReplyDelete
Will have to see if I've got any, and try and clean up the magnolia that got smudged on it!Delete
Really nice Dave. Looks great once paintedReplyDelete
Cheers hit a bit of a setback since this but it's back on track now.Delete