Afternoon #warmongers and #warhammercommunity I've been #paintingwarhammer on my #Tyranid Void Shield Generator. Oh we are getting there now - turquoise striations and dots. The striations themselves took 12 minutes to paint on the bottom plate alone!
But I persevered and here we are with all panels done.
The dots were also challenging. Once again i employed a cocktail stick to do them.
Cut in half, for the big dots and then one pointy end trimmed half-way down the point so I had big, medium and little dots.
You can also get intermediate spot sizes thanks to how much paint you put on and pressure.
But I've discovered this is the most effective way to do it, given most of the dots end up uniform and less damaging than doing it by brush [damaging to the brush that is].
I might have gone a little bit too overboard on the bigger dots, but it's too late now.
2nd lot of highlights to do now and then varnishing!
Oh, I also added a bit of green OSL - I know it's far from perfect but I think it works from a distance anyway.
So close now folk. Can't believe this is nearly done!
Tyranid Void Shield Generator Chapter 1. | part 1. | part 2. | part 3. | part 4. | part 5. | part 6. | part 7. | part 8. | part 9. |
Tyranid Void Shield Generator Chapter 2. | part 1. | part 2. | part 3. | part 4. | part 5. | part 6. | part 7. | part 8. | part 9. | part 10. | part 11. | part 12. | part 13. | part 14. | part 15. |