As you should be well aware it was Throne of Skulls this weekend and it was in a word 'awesome'. I've hundreds of photographs and five battles to report on so it's obviously going to take a while to fit everything into the blog. So, I felt it was important to give you the headlines now, thank all those that made it happen and that way you can look forward to reading and seeing the treats to come.
- I was nominated for best army [seven were nominated out of 140 competing]
- My mate Liam was nominated once again for his Dark Eldar
- My mate Otty was also nominated for best army
- Otty won 'The Scribe's Quill' - the award for best designed army list
- Out of five games I won four!!! [what the flip!] Yep folks, my weak force with weak nids won four!!! Ben worked out I came something like 26th!
- I faced:
- Andrew Bruce's Grey Knights, similar list to my friend Pete B's but was hammered on kill points.
- Jim Klapkowski's Ravenguard,
- Phil Elliott's [of www.4tk.co.uk] Blood Angels Mech,
- Andreas Kkounnous's Imperial Guard [Squats],
- Sean O'Sullivan's fluffy Necrons,
- First and foremost it must be to our wonderful better halves for letting four big kids go off to play toy soldiers. It wasn't all plain sailing and they're not going to see this but I want it on record we appreciate it even if it seemed like we couldn't see past the end of our dice and tape measures.
- Second a big shout out to Ben's cousin Warwick Kinrade and his good lady wife who put four gamers up in their front room. If you're unaware of Warwick then check out any Imperial Armour book from Forgeworld or more importantly if you like your WWII battles he's just produced a new rulebook - Battlegroup Kursk through The Plastic soldier Company. I saw it first hand and it was mint!
- Another big thanks to the Events Team at Warhammer World, Adam, Nick and the guys couldn't be more helpful and accommodating and one of these weekends represents 'good value', something you may be surprised about but it's true and I would look forward to going again. Meanwhile the guys put up this album of pics on their Facebook group from the two days, including my buds and your's truly's figures.
- And lastly to my three road trip warriors who put up with me. Otty for the patience and driving, Ben for the patience and organising everything and Liam for the patience and putting up with my ramblings after two pints of Bugman's finest XXXXXX and the other stuff I will always owe you for!
So I'll get around to posting these as quickly as I can. I'm trying to write up the battle reports now but please understand that things will be a bit sketchy thanks to the amount of gaming, the lack of chance to record everything that was going on and the delay in getting to write everything down, but I'll do my best.