Aah, this wee little fella got done. Not sure why I was so keen to get him finished, he's little to nothing in my army but I guess it just feels good to complete something.
I went a little OTT on the yellow weed, just a tad more than I should have done but I find it's quite difficult to work with so it's a bit of a gamble.
The Lion Helm is a little understated I think but I chose to do it similar to the Codex version - red wings. It fits my colour scheme [with the red planet base], although I think bronze would have probably been more appropriate.
Shadows in the creases of his cloak/mantle/habit are probably a bit too extreme but I've always been a big fan of contrast so although it's not realistic I'm still happy with the result, despite knowing it's wrong, wrong, wrong ;)
The Dark Angel green turned out OK too, now I just have to replicate it on the Tactical and Devastator squad.
Glad to see his hood was suitably dark and mysterious inside.
Some pics before I got the white balance half decent, but this is probably what the little fella would look like on Ferron Proxima, where the sulphur yellow skies would have this tint.
I find it so amusing to mount such a tiny little model on such an imposing piece of slate. It's like he's the one in charge,
Anyway, I've run out of content for the next few days, the scaffolding has gone up for the loft conversion and I've done nothing significant hobby-wise since the weekend. I've a few new terrain templates I hope to reveal that should tide you over but a slight lull in momentum is definitely in effect as the house prepares to get ripped apart.
However I do still get a big blue tick [probably my last] for being a good boy and painting some Dark Angels, even if it's only 15pts for a Perfidious Relic or 0pts to add to my Azrael.
He looks jolly nice!ReplyDelete
Thanks Peter, I'm sure he'll become my MVP!Delete
Nice work with the red feathers, I was wondering how that would look finished. I am the complete opposite when it comes to the robes :-) The darkest I go is Kommando Khaki (or whatever it is they call it now).ReplyDelete
And yours look that much more subtle because of it, I wish I had that control. Your green is also very rich and dark, I wish mine was like that.Delete
I'm comfortable with what I've done but there are elements I wish I could do without them messing with my head, which makes me doubt for an instance and feel I should have done them differently/better.
Ultimately when there is a finished force I will be happy regardless. When i have sufficient numbers to display en masse I think I'll be content that certain elemets will be consistent and tie it all together - verdigris, various DA colours and the red bases should unify everything. Until then it just raises questions ;)
I can distinctly remember the Deathwing scheme driving me mad when I started painting; I wish I had photos of my first attempts, they had a slight salmon coloured tinge to them!Delete
I am really looking forward to watching your force develop. The splashes of colour you have chosen will make for a unique finish. As for the shadows on the robes, let’s just say they are “Darker Angels” ;-)
Well with so much Bonewhite on my nids the main Deathwing colour was the least of my worries, it's all the other bits that concern me. So it means a lot that those splashes of colour aren't going horribly wrong, thanks :)Delete