And the first base is done. Once again I went for DAS. Milliput may well have been more durable on the base. I edged my Bastion crater with Milliput for protection but the plastic crater was mounted on a card base. These bases are plywood so underneath the clay they'll be plenty durable. Once again the adhesive issue will have to be tackle but so far a bit of water on the clay makes the stick enough. Whether they'll remain fused to the wood base forever is experiment I'm running. Once I cut cracks in them I textured the surface a bit with an old toothbrush.
And the return of the two-fers, another nights work. First up I based the remaining 3 tier craters. I used a bit more clay this time and was happier with the results.
Being a bit more exuberant with the cracks gave it a more 'ruptures' feel. I'm not 100% convinced they're spot on but I can live with it.
4 and 5 tier towers have their fleshy bits done too.
I think they may have been done over a couple of nights but I did do the bases at the same time which did lead to me smooshing the fleshy bits and having to re-sculpt some of the texture.
Craters will have some lava balls for flesh sacs. Only three will be like this, for a bit of variety, these will be 'female' towers and the others will be male, with the towers 'polinating' each other
So, nearly done now. I have to sand the bases too, it adds durability and will tie the texture into my existing basing style
- half 5 tier and 3 bases = 1hr 24mins
- half 5 tier and half 4 tier = 50mins
- half 4 tier and 2 bases = 1hr 10mins
Post a Comment