If I'm honest I hate doing this bit. Separating string threads and soaking them in PVA and then attaching them really is a laborious task.
The results are just about worth it, they do add an extra dimension to the model, although painting them also chaffs my hide a bit.
I'll probably regret not doing them all with Flesh Sacs but I wanted a bit of variety so that's what I got.
I'll give 'em a quick blast of Red Oxide primer soon and then consider when to start painting.
So that's it, capillary towers complete. This isn't the end of the project as it feeds into 'project Y' which I'll reveal before the year is out hopefully, keep watching.
Another 2 hours doing the Tendril Vines and we're on 23 hours and 20 minutes modelling time.Incidentally I put my Trygon next to these the other day, he's pretty much completely hidden by the 3 tier tower!