Thursday, 19 March 2015

'nids part 166 - Dakkafex No.2 - TO DONE!

With a bit of effort I made the final push on my 'Beast of Phodia', I will get round to his Stranglethorn Cannon at some point.


I'd actually put a fair few extra highlights and stippled fleshy texture effects on the Fleshborer Hives/Devourers but the Tamiya Clear Red X-27 has covered most of it up, still nevermind.


Now, there's just the third Canrifex to do and although I said I was happy with just three I did read up on the Bio Blast brood where you cna have 3 Broods of Carnifex and they get split fire and twin linked as a special rule. How cool would three broods of two be?!


We'll see though, as I really don't fance having another three Carnifices to paint at the moment, the remaining one is enough.


Although I love the base it does mark him out as very different to the other two of his kind. That may help if I have him as Old One Eye though - what with his 'hero' base.


Interestingly I swapped this head onto my other Carnifex and it looked so much better, not sure why but there you go.


Looking for flyers to shoot down.


And here they are together. As you can see the Tamiya Clear Red X-27 makes a huge difference but I really like the variety between what is the same model.






Close-up of the base, the varnish slimes worked, after a fashion.


Nom, nom, nom!


And here's the Red Stamp of Approval! He may not have been on my To Do List but it's nice to have completed something when things have been actually quite hard, hobby-wise.