I got the majority of them in a bargain ebay win and the heavy weapons in a trade. I decided to try them on 32mm bases. This was originally back when Space Marines on 32mm bases were a novelty. Of course we now know why, they were in preparation for Primaris Marines needing a bigger footprint.
This was the very last guy that I had to complete. He had a Deathwing Terminator shoulder pad which was a bit odd and I needed to find a way to make him aim that gun. I was lucky to have a set of plastic arms from the hybrid metal/plastic models from way back when. They don't have any details on the fingers but I will paint some joints on them.
I'm not sure whether I'll get these painted by the end of the Hobby Season. They are on my list but history shows Tactical Squads take a good couple of years to complete for more. No doubt I'll get them to the metallic phase and possibly stall. It'll take quite a feat of motivation to get them done, especially with so many other projects ahead of them. For now here's my Great Big Granite Big Build stamp of approval, they're finally built which is a big stepping stone.
Post a Comment