Afternoon #warmongers and #warhammercommunity I've been #paintingwarhammer of my giant space rat and he got TO DONE! You'll also notice I tried a black background for these moody shots.
It almost works, it's just some black crepe paper.
I think it'd be better with black cloth, less reflective.
It's been quite challenging trying to get the lighting right, but it is helping me understand my phone camera a bit more.
I'm still getting some dodgy, smoothed images from Camera 360, so using the native camera app, with no filters and just the pro controls is getting some results.
They're not as shiny and high contrast saturated as I like but they're sharp and moody.
I added my name underneath, as requested.
And long exposure leads to cool blur FX.
And on the white background so you can see all the details.
Truthfully, there isn't a huge difference from the last set of pics, but I did add some rust orange weathering powder onto the base.
Mixing it with the Vallejo Oxide Rust wash meant I was sealing it as it was applied.
But I got more intense orange than the rust wash alone.
And I really like the finished effect. I definitely want to do more with this, both as a basing technique and perhaps on a miniature in some way. My Blood Bowl Orcs in particular are supposed to be back armour and rusty - this could be the process.
Post a Comment