I also did the spines and plates on the 4th Aberrant and some other bits.
The reason I didn't progress much further was because I had started doing the blue on the robes of the Magus, then did all the blue bits on these 3rd/4th gen hybrids. I also broke them down into groups so I could get a mix of diversity in skintone. It really just gives me the opportunity to play and try different things. With duplicates of the same pose it also helps them look a little different between the groups.
I then followed up with the rest of the Chitin highlights on the Patriarch. If I'm honest I thought this was a bit of a mess, not up to my usual standard.
Maybe it needs a little bit of extra highlights, or it could be just the image enhancement but the striations don't stand out, I may add a third extreme highlight in places.
The only other casualty of this enterprise is the tidiness of the man cave, when you're doing so many different aspects paint pots get scattered everywhere, still 'progress is progress' as the Free Radical Collective espouse.
Post a Comment