We ummed and ahhed over Zoanthropes, Rippers, more Hormogaunts and the Biovore and in the end managed a bit of each just minus the Zoanthrope. 'Madness' some may say but he's currently broken and although their the only real anti-tank we have I don't think it's worth it to pin all our Monolith killing hopes on the big brained bug.
The Biovore was also not a first choice but having heard some reports about the danger of the new Scarabs I can see his pie-plate blasts coming in handy to thin out those things, so he came back in.
The Rippers may be surprising considering my past thoughts but I wanted to finish the other two bases of them but in the end thought just the three, and the Biovore was a better option. I ran the maths versus more Hormagaunts but realised I could have 4 Hormies or 3 Rippers and although there's less option to claim objectives the increased wounds may make them more of a pain to the Necrons. So long as I can keep them in Synapse of one of my creatures, probably the Trygon Prime after Tunneling then at least they won't start eating themselves!
So we have:
- Tyranid Prime with Lashwhip and Bonesword, Deathspitter
- Tyranid Prime with Pair of Boneswords, Scything Talons
- Tervigon with Catalyst, Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands, Stinger Salvo
- 10x Termagaunts with Devourer inside:
- Mycetic Spore with Hardened Carapace, Lash Whip, Ripper tentacles, Stinger Salvo
- 21x Hormaguants with Toxin Sacs
- 3x Tyranid Warriors with Barbed Strangler,Deathspitter
- Broodlord with Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands, with:
- 7x Genestealers with Adrenal Glands
- 7x Genestealers with Toxin Sacs
- 3x Ripper Swarms with Tunnel Swarm
- 10x Gargoyles
- Trygon with Upgrade to Trygon Prime
- 1x Biovore