Much brighter but still I think I covered up far more of the previous Teal highlight than I would have liked.
Here's some close-ups to see the quality of the line work.
Some good ones but also some scruffy ones.
I also decided to fill the dots with brush work, rather than pins, tooth picks or paper-clip dots. It's less uniform and in some places goes wrong too but it was just easier to do in one sitting.
Those vents are disappointing. I will be doing green glow from them like the Hierophant and on the sides. Hopefully the additional colour will break things up and be more interesting to look at than the dodgy striations.
which look like weird little star fields now.
The look OK, ther'll be lots to do with the black highlights when I get round to them.
Not just the massive talons themselves, but the hand claws.
The elbow and the three little spikes underneath the forearm. This may break me next week.
Both Screamer Killers are now highlighted.
It's bizarre who the legs offend me again. I get why they're stocky, but the Norn Emissary is bigger and his legs and chitin plates are more tapered.
But it's not just the shape, its the numbers. The Emissary has five plates on the thigh and the three on the shin.
This has six plates on the thigh and four on the shin.
I'm convinced if they'd stuck to that the proportions would have made more sense.
But again, this thing needs more armour so they through on more plates. Lore-wise, bio-morph wise it makes sense. I just think visually it falls down.
Although I do love the back, these vents will need a green glow too.
And the other SK, I just think it looks like it's wearing tartan pants.
I put some tertiary highlights on the High Rule Dude, but haven't done so here, which I might have to rectify now I've spotted it.
There are just a few places where both of them would benefit from just a little extra definition,
Reds next and there's a fair bit to do on all these models for that.
So, that's the vast bulk of the model done just reds, blacks, greens, blue [for the SC plasma] and teeth and eyes.
Back to the spreadsheet to track my progress, unfortunately I keep adding to it, to help identify different elements, as I tick things off 124 elements now. However, I've only 25% left to do, so at least progress is outperforming the setbacks. Although I'm not sure having 50% of my time left is actually sufficient to do that 25%! So many details left...