Afternoon #warmongers and #warhammercommunity I've been #paintingwarhammer, I know it's a little late now but the Devgaunts got finished and I'm only just getting round to blogging about them.
It was quite the little challenge in the end.
It doesn't seem it but getting my head round painting some of the elements required a force of will just to get me over the finish line.
I was then hit with the crappy matt varnish, that started to peel off like a thin veneer of rubber on the base edges.
That setback, so close to the end and alongside the Tyrannofex just made it so hard to pick up a brush and re-varnish them with Army Painter Anti-shine.
Also, I randomly decided not to gloss the Adrenal Glands... I dunno. Despite all other Termagant glands being glossed I just didn't do it.
There's no rush, I can always gloss them some other time.
I think the addition of that black around the edge of the Devourer really helps set it off.
The highlight is helpful also in defining the weapon.
On my original Devgaunts I just covered them with Tamiya Clear Red X-27 so it was nice to have a little more definition in their weaponry.
Obviously the 3 Hormagaunt bodies are nice in adding a little variety to the profile of this brood.
Obviously they're known for tipping over [even more so with the big Devourer gun] so hopefully the slate ont he base and the more upright poses will help them balance.
They look good from above.
And make a really nice little brood.
A fine looking brood. Great work!ReplyDelete
Obviously I need moar, always moar! I think I'm definitely going to have to start identifying models that need an update though...Delete