I did enjoy having a small bit of resin sprue, that I cut into pieces to make the three bricks. The rest of the Ravenwing bases have lots of bricks and urban rubble and thought this might help tie them together.
Here's where I was disappointed. Frosting is the natural enemy of any hobbyist. I've been an advocate of Army Painter brush on Anti-shine for years but it is still not perfect. Luckily I did all the bases separately and it was the last drops of the bottle that clearly had too much matting agent which caused this. A sepia wash might solve this but for the moment I'm just going to pretend it never happened.
You should be able to see in the close-ups where some black shading would have helped to blend the Incubi Darkness and Dark Reaper highlights. The steps are very defined and some blending of the two would have made that better. As I say it doesn't stand out too much from a distance so I can live with it.
The lone biker.
Close up of the Freehand of his company number. Also, I always feel like I struggle painting moulded skulls. I don't know what it is but I never feel happy with the result. Which, if you think about Warhammer is a real issue.
Primaris Chaplain on bike.
The Ravenwing decal was from the Indomitus box. AP Strong Tone wash with some white highlights made it look less like a decal.
It reveals so many issues in close up but I like it nonetheless.
Now, the 5 remaining bike to do...
Post a Comment