With the Kurnoth Hunters needing a decision to move them forward I just cracked on with these two -
getting the yellow armour plates painted and adding some colour to their skintone.
I then added highlights to these and the yellow came out really well and I just really surprised myself with the faces and how well they came out. Obviously close-up you can see all sorts of wrong but from a table-top distance they both look like some of my best work!
Here they both are with their 'big guys'. I am looking forward to doing them, just need to get the bases done and add some washes to help differentiate the areas so I can make those decisions that stalled their progress.
But the Hunters loss is the star players gain. It's not like I'm losing out here, 'progress is progress' afterall. But adding the additional highlights and pattern for the crackling was not without its own problems.
I had tried to do the pattern on Puggy's shoulder pads diagonally, but it just didn't work. So, I had to paint over all the previous gorgeous yellow highlight and try again in squares, which work but are far less interesting.
Cindy has only small shoulder pads, so they were easy to do in diagonals. It'll be the pies that are challenging but the white goes on in preparation for the pink. It's very odd to see such a massive change in colour scheme - the red/yellow of the previous step looks like such good colours and even the white/yellow is pretty cool.
Puggy coming along, for so little of his face visible I think it came out really well. He also got a bit of navel fluff. Debatable whether it looks like belly hair but worth a shot.
All ready for the pink next...