Monday, 13 September 2021
Friday, 10 September 2021
Thursday, 9 September 2021
Saturday, 28 August 2021
- Develop a more healthy hobby/life balance - go to bed at a decent hour[ish]
- Find time to play some games, so I can have some fun among the daily grind...
This is a tough one considering, we still have no idea about COVID and I am at the mercy of my gaming crew on how we can meet up and arrange these things. Where possible I will snatch these opportunities up though.
- Dark Angel - Ravenwing Talonmaster
- Dark Angel - 3 x Ravenwing Attack Bike[s]
- Dark Angel - 3 x Ravenwing Black Knights
- Dark Angel - Old skool Crayola Whirlwind
- Dark Angel - Proteus Land Raider
- Genestealer Cult Sentinels
- Tyranid Promethium Relay Pipes
- Tyranid Warriors
- 2 x Armiger Helverins [Dreadtober 2021]
- Halfling Blood Bowl Team
- Orc Blood Bowl Team
- Blood Bowl Troll
- Adeptus Titanicus Reaver Titan
- Adeptus Titanicus Warhound Titans
- Death Guard Kill Team
- TT Combat terrain
- Sector Imperialis terrain
- Tyranid Bastion Crater [I have zero intent to do this this season, if ever, just want to remind myself it exists]
- Ravenwing bikes
- Dark Angel Crayola Whirlwind
- Build some new terrain?
- Shrine of the Aquila
- Galvanic Magnavent
- Remaining Deathwing Terminators
- Genestealer Cult Neophytes
- Genestealer Cult Acolytes
- Space Hulk Genestealers - get them based!
- 3 Tyranid Lictors
- 3 Tyranid Warriors
- 3 Tyranid Shrikes
- 5 Dark Angel Veterans/Command Squad
Friday, 27 August 2021
Thursday, 26 August 2021
Develop a more healthy hobby/life balance - go to bed at a decent hour[ish]
I brought my son back from Oxford University [yes, proud Dad name-dropping again] in November and that meant I was at the whim of his availability to watching TV shows in the evening. He is even more of a night owl than I am - awake throughout the night, going to bed at 4am or 5am and getting up at 2pm. So, I tend to go to bed around midnight and get up at 6:30-7:00. I'm not sure if that's better but I'm no longer having to get up at 5:30am, so that's an improvement in my book.
Find time to play some games, not just tournament play so I can have some fun among the daily grind...
But what have I painted? Refreshed Rippers were first on my list, well they weren't actually on my To Do List but first on my list of things TO DONE! It was just bringing them up to current standard as their painting was over 10 years old and it showed next to their newer hatchlings.
Blog-wise the Servo-Haulers took up most of November for Armies on Parade. I honestly didn't think I'd be able to get them done in time but I did more than expected and I was really pleased with the results and they got to feature in my board.
The fact AoP was the end of the month and not the beginning as I originally thought allowed me to meet the deadline, as well as be positive about it at the same time. #BePositive folks, remember this should be fun and often it can be challenging if a model isn't going the way you expect.
Not necessarily a TO DONE! but actually getting the Servo-haulers complete for #ArmiesOnParade feels worthy of including in my review
With such a big project [Tyranid VSG] complete I had no real idea what was next but this little Adeptus Titanicus Cerastus Lancer was staring at me and I wondered if it would be easy to crack on with it. It was. About 3 sessions and he was done. Painted to match my existing full scale Lancer, it felt incredibly quick finishing him, but he's been WiP for months! Annoyingly he wasn't even included in my TO DO List! He should have been but it vexes me I can't cross that one out.
The giant space rat for #PitOnParade was the first build of the season. Great to be a part of this community project which went on to receive an Armies On Parade award - recognised for its community spirit.
I built the Nurgle Rotspawn, OK it only has 4 parts but it still counts.